- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- One 8oz packet of cream cheese (whipped cream cheese is better, but the block is just fine)
- 1/3 of a pot of Cool Whip
- 1 and a half tablespoon powdered sugar
- One to One and Half teaspoons of lemon juice (taste it to see)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries – vanilla – sugar, for topping.
- Prepare the strawberries. Wash and slice 1 cup of strawberries. Put in a bowl with 2 teaspoons of sugar, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and leave for at least an hour.
- Bring the cream cheese up to room temperature. It will be easier to work with.
- Whisk the cream cheese until light and fluffy. If you are using the whipped cream cheese it will not require much whisking.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice, one teaspoon first. Add a little extra lemon juice at the end if you need it. Always taste as you are going along.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Now add one third of a tub of Cool Whip. Don’t whisk this in, you want to retain the air, so the cheesecake has a light and fluffy texture. Use a wooden spoon or spatula and fold it in carefully. At this point taste to see if you need any extra sugar, vanilla or lemon.
- Spoon it into the Graham Cracker Crust and level off to make it neat.
- Add the strawberries to the top of the cheesecake
- Leave to chill at least 1 hour. Preferably at least 2.