- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP WHITE VINEGAR
- 1/2 CUP WATER
- 1 SMALL ONION, OR 1/2 LARGE ONION
- 3 SEMI RIPE MANGOES
- 1/2 CUP RAISINS
- 1 MINCED GARLIC CLOVE
- 1 LEVEL TEASPOON OF POWDERED GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1 LEVEL TEASPOON CURRY POWDER
- Chop the mangoes into small 1 inch chunks. Chop onion finely.
- Put the vinegar and water in a saucepan on low heat and add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Add mangoes, onion and raise heat to boil and bring to boil.
- Once brought to boil, lower heat to medium heat and add raisins, ginger, garlic, curry powder. Cook for about 30 minutes until it starts to resemble a jam.
- Remove from heat and skim off any scum from the top of the chutney if necessary.
- Add the lemon juice and return to heat for 10 minutes until thick.
- I store this inside balls jars in the fridge for use, usually that day. This can be canned in a water bath for longer storage.