My quick and easy meatloaf is one of Jon’s favorite foods. The grandchildren seem to love it as well.
- 2lb ground beef
- 1 sleeve of ritz crackers, crushed like breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Mrs Dash Original
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup of milk
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
In a large bowl add the ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, Mrs Dash, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and gently mix through with your hands. Be careful not to over mix your meatloaf otherwise it will come out tough. Be very light and gentle.
Now add your cracker crumbs, milk and eggs. Mix again with your hands. Now add your mustard and ketchup and mix through the final time. Use very light hand motion to keep the meatloaf light. Let the meatloaf sit for about 20 minutes or more before cooking.
Sauce: Mix all ingredients together and spoon over the top of your meatloaf.
Pack your meatloaf gently into a loaf pan and cook at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Remove meatloaf from pan immediately from oven as the fat will absorb back into the meat.
- Note: if you are feeding this to younger children, this is a great way to disguise vegetables. You can easily grate or puree, onions, carrots, celery etc into the meatloaf and the kids won’t notice!